- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Media centre
- Australia-Vietnam relationship
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Defence section
- Police Liaison
- Agricultural research
- Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
- Australia in Vietnam on Facebook
- Travel advice
- Register with us
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
This information is provided to assist applicants in completing the visa application process in Vietnam. Applicants must also read the information regarding visiting or migrating to Australia on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) main website.
FORMS AND BOOKLETS:
Australian visa and citizenship application forms can be downloaded free of charge from the DIBP website.
Consent to Obtain Personal Information (121KB PDF file)
Details of Relatives Form (133KB PDF file)
Under the Migration Act 1958 applications may be decided on the basis of available information. Therefore, it is important that applications are as complete as possible and all supporting documentation is provided at the time of lodgement. Incomplete or poorly documented applications may be delayed or possibly refused.
FRAUD OR MISREPRESENTATION:
Any degree of fraud or misrepresentation will result in your application being refused. Applicants should answer all questions truthfully and disclose any information relevant to the question. All signatures on forms and in the applicant’s passport must be the applicants.
CERTIFICATION OF DOCUMENTATION:
All documents issued in Vietnam that require certification must be certified by the applicant’s local Peoples Committee or the State Public Notary.
The Consular Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at the Australian Embassy in Hanoi and the Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City can certify documents issued by the Australian government organisations and/or other Australian agencies and witness signatures of the Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents at their request. In Australia, copies may be certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, or person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959. Photocopies of certified copies are not acceptable.
TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTATION:
Documents not in English should be accompanied by an English translation. In Vietnam, a legal office authorised to translate should undertake the translation. In Australia, translators must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Evidence of relationship, such as personal letters, do not need to be translated.
LODGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS
1. All applications can be lodged at the Australian Visa Application Centres in Hanoi or HCMC (by appointment) using a paper application form.
Vinafor Building, 11th Floor
127 Lo Duc Street
Dong Mac Ward,Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Resco Tower, 2nd Floor
94 – 96 Nguyen Du Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
• 1900.565.639 (for clients calling within Vietnam)
• 84.8.3521.2000 (for client calling from overseas)
Call Centre: 9am – 5pm
Application Lodgement: 8:30am – 3pm (by appointment only)
Document Collection: 8:30am – 5pm
2. The following visa/citizenship applications can be lodged as a paper application, or online. Please consult the relevant application checklist under Step 1 (above) to determine what documents you should submit with your application. If you wish to investigate online options, please follow the relevant link below:
- Citizenship by Descent: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/fees_forms_appeals/online_apps/
- Prospective Marriage and Partner Visa (subclass 300, 309). http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/partner-online-applications.aspx
- Resident Return Visa (subclass 155): http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/resident-return-visa-online-application.aspx
3. Urgent paper applications can be lodged at the Australian Embassy in Hanoi or the Australian Consulate-General in HCMC (urgent travel, same day travel to Australia only).
Clients with urgent visitor applications (requiring same day travel to Australia) may lodge directly with the Visa and Citizenship Office at the Australian Embassy in Hanoi.
Appointments for urgent cases can be made by emailing your respective office:
Australian Embassy, Hanoi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Consulate-General, HCMC: email@example.com
Please note that you will not be able to lodge urgent visa applications at the Australian Embassy or Australian Consulate-General without a prior appointment.
All other visas must be lodged (by appointment) at the Australian Visa Application Centre, operated by VFS Global: www.vfsglobal.com/australia/vietnam
Last updated 30 September 2014