- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Media centre
- Australia-Vietnam relationship
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Defence section
- Police Liaison
- Agricultural research
- Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
- Australia in Vietnam on Facebook
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Services for Australians Overseas
Queensland State General Election
A Queensland State Genereal Election has been announced for 31 January 2015.
The Australian Embassy in Hanoi and the Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City has not been appointed to provide voting services for this election. Electors living in Vietnam can visit the Electoral Commission of Queensland (ECQ) website at http://www.ecq.gov.au for information on how to vote. Alternatively, electors can contact the ECQ directly by telephone: +61 1300 881 665, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consular and Passport Services
The Consular and Passports Counter is open from 8:30am to 12:00 pm and from 1:30 to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
If you require consular or passport assistance in Southern Vietnam, please call our Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City on (84-8) 3521 8100 or visit their website.
What we can and cannot do
The Australian Embassy in Hanoi can provide a range of consular, passport and notarial services. For further information on these, please click on the links provided below:
- INFORMATION UPDATE: From 1 July 2014, the Australian Government will only legalise education documents issued by an Australian accredited education authority. For more information, click on the above link.
For information on the associated fees for passports, please click here.
For information on the associated fees for notarials, please click here.
All fees are converted into Vietnamese Dong at the prevailing rate. All fees are payable in Vietnamese Dong only. Payment methods available are cash, credit and debit cards.
Travel information for Australians
- Smartraveller Advice: General Advice to Australian Travellers
- Smartraveller Advice: Vietnam
- Travel Bulletin on Avian Influenza
On-line registration for Australians overseas
- We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
We collect information and protect your privacy in accordance with Australian law. DFAT's Consular Privacy Collection Statement can be accessed at http://www.dfat.gov.au/dept/consular/privacy.html.
Living in Vietnam
- Overseas births, adoptions and surrogacies
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Driving in Vietnam
- Marriage overseas
- Police clearances
- Renewal of Australian Driver's Licence
- Taxation issues
Former Residents returning to Australia
- Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
- A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services.
- For a list of public holidays, please click here.
- A gateway to information about Australians living overseas
Centrelink International Services
For information on what Centrelink services are available to you while overseas, please click here.
Visits to the Long Tan Cross